It’s harvest time and Moo Moo Belle is celebrating fall with the early release of Eberhard’s award-winning Egg Nog! Below are five great recipes for Eberhard’s Egg Nog to get you in the spirit of the season. If you make any of these recipes, be sure to post and tag us on Instagram or Facebook at @EberhardsDairy. Happy Egg-Nog-ing!
Spooky Egg Nog
Wow your party guests with this spooky drink!
· 1 Medium Sized Pumpkin
· ½ Gallon of Eberhard’s Egg Nog
· Dry Ice
1. Cut off the top of your pumpkin and clean thoroughly just before serving.
2. Pour Eberhard’s Egg Nog into a bowl that will fit in your pumpkin.
3. At the start of the party, place 2-3 pieces of dry ice in the pumpkin, and then put the smaller bowl with the egg nog inside of it. The dry ice should never come into contact with the egg nog, so it is best to leave 1 inch of space between the dry ice and egg nog.
4. To increase the dry ice effect, you can add a splash of water to the dry ice.
Notes for Dry Ice Safety: Dry ice is -109 Degrees F. Never allow dry ice to come in contact with skin. Always handle dry ice with protective gloves or a towel. Do not store dry ice in a container that is completely airtight.
Egg Nog French Toast
Take your brunch to the next level with the delicious flavor’s of Eberhard’s Egg Nog in your French Toast!
Ingredients (Serves 3)
· 6 Pieces of French Bread
· 2 Large Eggs
· ½ Cup of Eberhard’s Egg Nog · ½ Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
· ½ Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
1. Whisk the egg nog, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
2. Dip one slice bread at a time in the egg nog mixture and turn to thoroughly coat both sides.
3. Place the prepared bread slices one by one onto a preheated, buttered, skillet or griddle. Turn the bread once, until gold brown on each side.
4. Place cooked slices on a covered serving plate until all French toast is cooked.
5. Serve immediately and top with maple syrup.
Egg Nog Latte
Is there anything better than this iconic drink to celebrate the season?
Ingredients (Serves 1)
· 2/3 Cup of Strong Coffee (such as French Press)
· 3/4 Cup of Eberhard’s Egg Nog
· 1/2 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
· 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, bringing to a simmer while stirring.
2. Use an immersion blender (or transfer to blender) to blend the ingredients to a frothy latte.
3. Transfer to a mug and enjoy!
Optional: Top with whipped cream made with Eberhard’s Heavy Whipping Cream!
Egg Nog Pie
This unique pie is sure to be a new holiday favorite!
· 1 Cup of Eberhard’s Heavy Whipping Cream
· 1 Tablespoon of Powdered Sugar
· 2 Cups of Eberhard’s Egg Nog
· 1 3.4 oz package of Vanilla Instant Pudding
· 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
· 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1. Add whipping cream and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl. Begin mixing on low speed and increase until soft or stiff peaks form. Sample the whipped cream and add more powdered sugar to your liking.
2. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg nog, instant pudding, and nutmeg.
3. Fold in the whipped cream to the egg nog mixture until fluffy.
4. Transfer the filling into the graham cracker pie crust and smooth out the top.
5. Refrigerate pie for at least four hours, preferably overnight.
Optional: Garnish with more whipped cream and nutmeg!
Egg Nog Coffee Cake
Bonus Egg Nog points if you enjoy this tasty treat with an Egg Nog Latte!
· 1 Cup of Sugar
· 1/2 Cup of Butter, Softened
· 1 Cup of Eberhard’s Egg Nog
· 1 8oz Container of Eberhard’s Sour Cream
· 1 Teaspoon of Rum Extract
· 2 Eggs
· 2 1/2 Cups of Flour
· 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
· 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Power
· 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
Streusel Topping Ingredients
· 1/3 Cup of Sugar
· 1 Tablespoon of Flour
· 1 Tablespoon of Butter, Softened
· 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
· 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
· 1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar
· 1-2 Tablespoons of Eberhard’s Egg Nog
1. Grease bottom of a 9x13 pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix Streusel Topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium.
4. Beat in egg nog, sour cream, rum extract, and eggs until blended.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
6. Spread mixture into pan.
7. Sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter.
8. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
9. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
11. Cool for 20 minutes.
12. Mix glaze in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cake.